Using LinkedIn for SEO: The How and WhySeptember 2022
Using LinkedIn for SEO: The How and Why
If your blog is the only place you focus your SEO efforts, you're missing out on potentially valuable opportunities in other places. Stepping beyond the boundaries of your blog to establish your presence elsewhere on the web is the key to gaining traffic from multiple sources—which can, in turn, boost your visibility. Social media offers an excellent way to draw attention to your brand if you follow the right approach. For law firms, the platform of choice today is LinkedIn.
Social media might not seem like a typical place for law firms to market themselves, but LinkedIn is a particularly good opportunity. Because of its focus on professionalism, career development, and networking, you can tap into an audience that is already more likely to be receptive to your message. There are other important benefits, too:
- Using LinkedIn to improve SEO gives you more ways to show up in search results.
- You can easily craft highly relevant content for specific audiences on LinkedIn.
- Demonstrating your expertise on LinkedIn builds your reputation and showcases it to those who land on your page.
With that in mind, how do you get started?
Tips and Tricks for Improving LinkedIn SEO
A complete LinkedIn strategy can be multi-faceted and complex. However, there are a few things you can do to give yourself a solid foundation for growth. Here's what you should do:
- Know your target keywords and include them in your profile and content. Just like with regular SEO, you'll need to do keyword research and carefully consider which search users you want to focus your target.
- Use LinkedIn as a venue for your content marketing. Your blog isn't the only place you can share content. Create blurbs for LinkedIn that connect back to your blog content, or create content specifically for the professional audience on the website.
- Link to your profile when it's relevant. Include links to your LinkedIn profile in guest posts you make, outreach content you produce, and your blog. Building these basic backlinks will give your LinkedIn content greater authority.
- Build better connections. This is a social site, after all. Network and make connections with other influencers on the platform and with key figures in your industry to shore up the authority of your profile.
- Engage with your profile. Be a part of discussions. Leave comments, re-share content, and generally be engaging as a part of your strategy. Not only will this encourage others to click back to your profile for your own content, but the more you appear on these pages, the more likely you are to appear in search results, too.
Don't Miss the Power of LinkedIn as a Tool for SEO
Crafting an effective SEO strategy to bring attention and fresh leads to your firm can mean wearing many hats. Building and maintaining an SEO-friendly website with a blog is not always enough today. Leveraging the power of social platforms for professionals such as LinkedIn offers a valuable way to add depth to your strategy while generating attention for your brand.
At Inherent, we understand the challenging online environment facing law firms today. Connect with our team to start learning more about how to craft an approach to digital marketing that makes sense for you.